Saturday, March 17, 2012

Final Project: Pointillism Self-Portrait

For my final project, I am going to do a mixed media, mostly acrylic self-portrait of myself using pointillism. I choose this project specifically because I feel as if people don't always see me for who I think I really am. Likewise, in this portrait when up close I will look pixilized, but when far away everything will be clear and visible. I want this to envoke the thought in the minds of my peers that maybe I'm not who they think I am, and that I'm really a beautiful person on the inside. Plus, I want them to not only question me, but to question themselves; are they really who they think they are?



This is the image I will be using, except that it will be pixilized using photoshop. Also, to tie in the theme of nature, I will be adding in some flowers and possibly a tree into the areas where it is lilac. Here are some examples of the flowers and trees I will be incoporating.




No comments:

Post a Comment